Simple Installation for Most Homes
INSTALLATION ON A HOME
IMPORTANT: You should have a 1″ x 3″ (or wider) fascia board and a 1 1/2″ to 2 1/2″ drip edge overhang. Otherwise CLICK HERE
· Phillips Screwdriver (#2)
· Nail (6D common, 2″ long)
· Sheet metal shears or Hack Saw
· Tape Measure
- Center the ladder 30 inches from the end of roof edge. (Figure 1) Be sure ladder is secure. Climb ladder with needed tools and place Rainhandler temporarily on roof.
- Measure and mark bracket positions at 10, 30, and 50 inches from roof end (see Figure 2) at the bottom of your fascia board.
3. Using bracket, spot and mark screw holes at each bracket position. Start screw holes with 6D nail or use drill bit. See Figure 3.
4. Mount brackets, seating screws snugly. (Figure 4) DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN SCREWS.
The roof edge MUST be directly over the third to fifth slat from the house for best results.
In the unlikely event that your home is not of typical construction, CLICK HERE to see special installation
5. Swing the rainhandler section under the ladder. Mount it by hooking the second slat with the end hook, then push down and squeeze the rear slat until it is engaged under the snap lock tab. (Figure 5) Climb down the ladder and repeat steps 1-5 for each additional Rainhandler section. Climb and use the ladder with care.
Rainhandler MUST be positioned at least 3″ below roof edge.
More than 3″ works even better, ALWAYS AT BOTTOM OF FASCIA BOARD.
6. At the final section it is usually necessary to cut it to length. Measure and mark the place for cutting on the Rainhandler. Cut only one slat at a time with sheet metal shears. Insert the shear tip and cut as shown in Figure 6. When you finish, any bent slats can be straightened with pliers for better function and appearance. You may prefer to place the section between 2 pieces of wood (1″ x 4″) and cut with a very fine toothed Hack Saw. When cutting a section, leave as many cross-supports as possible. For example, 2 inches cut off both ends would be better than 4 inches cut off one end. Adjust bracket positions accordingly.
For installation at roof corners see Figure 7.
For other installation instructions. CLICK HERE