In the unlikely event that your home is not of typical construction. You may need one or more of the special accessories shown in illustration 2a, 2b, 2c, 3, 4, 5 & 6
Measure for Proper Alignment and Hardware.
1. After removing existing gutters, inspect and repair (if- necessary) any section of your fascia board that had soft spots, rot, etc. Any needed adapters should be pre-assembled with aluminum sheet metal screws provided. Do not over-tighten.
2A. If your roof’s drip edge extends more than 2 1/2″ from the fascia board, use one Horizontal Adapter for every inch greater than the recommended 2″. A maximum of three (two in heavy ice areas) Horizontal Adapters may be used. See Figure 2a.
2B. If your roof’s drip edge is less than 1 1/2″, use 2″ Drip Edge Extender. Screws into fascia board. We provide 5 aluminum screws per five-foot section. A bead of caulking is recommended for joint between the roof edge and Drip Edge Extender. See Figure 2B.
2C. If your fascia board is less than 3″, use Rainhandler Vertical Adapters. One Vertical Adapter will lower the RainhandleR 2″. See Figure 2c. Vertical Adapters can be used in combination with Horizontal Adapters.
3. If your home has an angled fascia (as in Figure 3) you will need Rainhandler Angled
Fascia Adapters to ensure that the RainhandelR section is hung horizontally: parallel to the ground. We make three different Angled Fascia Adapters to suit the needs of different pitched roofs. To measure the pitch of your roof, use two 12″ rulers as in Figure 3. You may need to use and can use other adapters in combination with AngledFascia Adapters. The illustrated roof has a 6/12 pitch. ALways choose the equal or next lower Angled Fascia Adapter. Example, you measure 3/12, 4/12 or 5/12, choose 3/12. Measure 6/12, 7/12 or 8/12, choose 6/12, etc. If you measure 12/12 or greater, phone for information on how to handle.
4. If your home has a Mansard, Gambrel or Barn type roof with no fascia board. We have brackets called Mansard Brackets. Which are right angle brackets, 2 inches by 6 inches by 1/2 inch wide by 80 mils thick. The 2 inch portion would screw into the bottom of your soffit or deck and the 6 inch portion would hang vertically. The Rainhandler brackets screw into the 6 inch portion. The Mansard Brackets are $7.70 a pkg. of three and you need 1 pkg. for each Rainhandler.
5. Roof Valley Rain Diverter
The Roof Valley Rain Diverter is available in Brown and Natural Aluminum.
The Roof Valley Rain Diverter has been designed to fit most roof valleys and to prevent the runoff water from overshooting the RainhandleR® rain dispersers.
Please read the instructions carefully and follow them precisely. The temperature MUST be 55 degrees F or above. Once mounted, the R.V.R.D. becomes a permanent installation. It cannot be removed without damaging shingles.
1. The R.V.R.D. may be adjusted to fit your roof valley. Angles A and B may be bent to do this. See diagram.
2. The R.V.R.D. should be TEST MOUNTED FIRST before being permanently affixed to the roof. This is done by placing the R.V.R.D at the bottom of the valley about 1/2 to 1″ below the drip edge. Then using your garden house, allow water to run down the valley and adjust the R.V.R.D. position for the best dispersion on the RainhandleR®.